Culture Traveler unmasks Guatemala with a magical holiday itinerary in the “Land of Eternal Spring.” Amble along the beautiful cobblestone streets of La Antigua; barter for vivid textiles with natives at the historic Mayan marketplace of Chichicastenango; explore scenic Lake Atitlan, dramatically framed by three volcanoes, by boat, visiting charming shore villages along its sparkling blue waters.
This journey is punctuated by a visit to the dense rain forest region of Peten, centered around a guided discovery of the incredible ancient ruins of Tikal. You will also enjoy dining in and walking about the vibrant, colorful island town of Flores.
Luxurious five-star accommodation provides comfort, ease and exceptional service. In Antigua, the spacious, beautifully appointed rooms are each unique. In Flores, the eco-lodge suites feature rich polished wood, sweeping vistas and a nature sanctuary on property.
Plan your holiday escape with Culture Traveler and Winter in the “Land of Eternal Spring.”
- Guatemala is the most populous country in Central America with over 15 million inhabitants.
- The beautiful Spanish colonial city of Antigua, Guatemala, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, was founded in the early 16th century and largely destroyed by a massive earthquake in 1773.
- Although Spanish is the official language of Guatemala, over 20 Mayan dialects are actively spoken throughout the country.
- The ancient Mayan ruins of Tikal National Park, another UNESCO World Heritage Site, is the largest excavated site on the American continent and took over 13 years to uncover.
- English writer Aldous Huxley, author of Brave New World, called Lake Atitlan “the most beautiful lake in the world.” Atitlan is the deepest lake in Central America with depth exceeding 1,100 feet.
Discuss this trip with us
Enter your information below and we'll be in touch right away.